New York Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Injuries, in New York pedestrian accidents, are often very serious, creating considerable medical expenses and loss of income for those who survive. You need the help of an experienced New York pedestrian accident attorney who will make sure that every avenue of compensation is pursued to cover your expenses and losses. You also have a limited amount of time to act, depending on the nature of your case, deadlines can approach much sooner than you expect. Panzavecchia & Associates, PLLC is here to help. Please call us right away so we can protect your legal rights.
Causes and Fault in Pedestrian Accidents
Establishing fault requires you to determine the cause of your accident. It may seem obvious, but there can be underlying causes that are not so obvious to victims and witnesses, such as a malfunctioning traffic signal, inadequate lighting, or poor intersection design. And even in cases where the cause was quite clear to people at the scene, we still have to be able to prove it in court.
Common causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield to pedestrians in crosswalks
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Failure to signal
- Impairment including intoxication and fatigue
- Driving too fast for the weather or traffic conditions, regardless of the speed limit
- Backing up without checking blind spots
- Improper passing of school buses
- Failure to use caution in construction zones
- Failure to use caution when passing vehicles stopped for accidents or breakdowns
- Defective vehicle
- Malfunctioning traffic signal
- Lack of streetlight or faulty streetlight
- Dangerous intersection design
- Poorly designed or improperly marked crosswalk
- Inadequate lighting in parking lot or parking structure
- Poorly designed parking lot or parking structure
- Inadequate barricades to prevent traffic from entering a pedestrian area
- Lack of safe and properly marked pedestrian detour in construction zone
- Improperly marked construction zone
Getting the Compensation You Need
New York pedestrian accident cases quickly become very complex. We may need to look to your insurance or someone in your household’s insurance to pay for some or all of your medical expenses. We must establish fault, and to do that we must thoroughly investigate your accident. When we do, we may find that a government entity is to blame or partly to blame for your injuries in addition to the driver of the vehicle that hit you. That means we have a very short amount of time to move on your case and the procedures we must follow will be different than the procedures in cases against individuals and companies.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a pedestrian accident in New York City, the pedestrian injury attorneys of The Law Firm of Panzavecchia & Associates, PLLC are here to help you recover the full compensation that you deserve. Please call us right away at 888-LAW-2204 or email us today to schedule your free consultation.