Every car accident claim is unique. The types of damages you can recover will depend on the circumstances in your case. But one thing is consistent. You should never trust the insurance company to be honest with you about the types of damages that are available. If you have been seriously injured, talk to an experienced New York car accident attorney before signing anything or accepting any money from the insurance company. It could save you from signing away your right to full and fair compensation, and your initial consultation is free.
Call the Panzavecchia & Associates, PLLC to learn more.
Types of Damages in Car Accident Claims
After a car accident, you can recover compensation for existing and future economic and non-economic damages. Depending on the nature of your injuries and the circumstances in your case, these can include:
- Existing and future medical expenses, including home health care
- Existing and future lost income
- Lost earning capacity
- Cost of hired help for tasks you can no longer perform on your own
- Home modifications and/or special equipment, such as a wheelchair van, to accommodate disability
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of consortium
To learn more about the types of damages available after your New York car accident, please call Panzavecchia & Associates, PLLC at 888-LAW-2204 or contact us online today.